1. Using your Mercury @ Home or Mercury @ Work app, you should see at the top of the main screen your network name and a green check mark with “Internet Connected.” If it has lost network connection, you’ll see red X with “Internet Not Connected.”) If you see a green check mark, it’s connected and the issue resides with the end device(s) or Wi-Fi (see step 4 below.)
2. If you see red X “not connected”, look at the Momentum router. If no visible light, then there is no power to it. Check to make sure the power is on. Check for loose plug and connection at router and maybe the room’s power switch turned off. If power was lost for even a few seconds, the router may be in the process of rebooting and connecting. Wait 5 minutes. If still no light, please call our Customer Support team at 800-354-4915.
3 The front router light should be green. If it’s amber or reddish it has power but lost its Internet connection. First, check to see if the Ethernet cable from our PoE power box (see diagram below) to the router is securely plugged at both ends. Then, check to make sure the power box’s power lights are on. If the PoE power box’s lights are off, it is lost power or died. Try unplugging it and the Ethernet cable and re-plugging it for power. When the PoE has power lights on, replug the Ethernet cable into the router. Wait 5 mins or until you see green light. If the PoE power lights do not go back on or if the router’s front light is still amber-reddish, then please call our Customer Support team at 800-354-4915.
4. If there is a green light on the router and the app says the router is “Internet Connected”, then there is likely an end device or Wi-Fi configuration issue. Select “Things” from the main or bottom menu to see all of your connected devices. If you have already named all of your devices (strongly recommended,) you should see the device that you’re concerned about with a green dot next to it + “Online.” If you don’t see the device that you are concerned about, then it is not connected and the problem resides with the device.
5. Any devices where access has been paused will have an orange light next to them. To un-pause, select the device and in the Options section at the bottom of the screen, toggle the “Internet Access” button to “On” to re-enable Wi-Fi access to that device.
6. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please call our Customer Support team at 800-354-4915.
If you have verified all connections are secure and plugged in correctly, it may be helpful to restart your devices.
Once you have restarted your devices, allow 1-2 minutes for devices to fully power on and connect before checking your connection again.
If you have restarted your devices but are still experiencing a connection issue, follow the steps below to restart the Mercury Wireless Equipment
If you have restarted both your personal devices and the Mercury Wireless equipment but are still experiencing a connection issue, follow the steps below to check for the presence of an Internet connection when plugged directly in to the Mercury Wireless equipment.